I grew up on cream of tomato soup and excellent grilled cheese sandwiches for dipping. It is the right mixture of a velvety soup, crusty sourdough bread and melted cheese, and immediately we’re taking it to the subsequent stage by roasting tomatoes, garlic and herbs, mixing them up with creamy cashews, and making excellent vegan apple grilled cheese sandwiches.
What I like about this recipe is that through the use of cashews to cream up the soup, it additionally turns it shiny orange, making it an ideal shocking twist for Halloween, Thanksgiving or a fall gathering. It appears to be like like pumpkin soup, however whenever you dig in, it is all of the tanginess and deliciousness of roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese, so if you happen to’ve been on the lookout for a scrumptious vegan grilled cheese and tomato soup recipe you’ve gotten arrived!
For the bread I like an excellent sourdough, and for the cheese I used Violife unique taste and mozzarella shreds, however any vegan cheese that melts will do (or learn to make scrumptious melty mozzarella at dwelling in our on-line vegan cheesemaking course Soften!).
I hope you like the video, printable and recipe under!
VEGAN TOMATO SOUP AND APPLE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
Yield: 4 servings ⎮ Prep time: quarter-hour | Cook dinner time: 35 minutes
- 12 pink pear tomatoes or vine tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled and left entire
- A couple of sprigs of thyme
- A drizzle of olive oil for the pan
- 3/4 cup uncooked cashews, beforehand soaked in water for just a few hours or boiled in water for 12 minutes (add them with out soaking or boiling in case you have a excessive pace blender)
- Salt and pepper to style
- Elective for topping: Our cashew bitter cream or non-dairy yogurt and chopped chives
For the sandwiches:
- 2 fuji apples peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy butter + a bit additional for the bread
- Freshly floor pepper to style
- 8 slices of your favourite bread (my favourite for these is sourdough)
- 2 cups grated vegan cheese that melts or 2-3 slices per sandwich
1. Pre-heat the oven at 400ºF (205ºC).
2. Reduce the tomatoes in half and place them in an oven-proof pan together with the peeled garlic cloves, thyme and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss every little thing to coat. Roast within the pre-heated oven for 35 minutes, tossing midway by.
3. Whereas the tomatoes are roasting, soften the non-dairy butter in a small pan and add the apples. Cowl the pan with a lid and let the apples prepare dinner, tossing sometimes for 10 minutes or till softened. Add some freshly floor pepper.
4. Assemble your sandwiches by including a little bit of non-dairy butter on a slice of bread, add the cheese, add a few of the apples, high with one other slice of bread and butter the highest of the bread. Repeat till you’ve gotten 4 sandwiches.
5. Place them in a pan, buttered aspect down on medium-high warmth and press down with a spatula. Add a little bit of non-dairy butter excessive bread and flip as soon as golden on the underside. Grill your sandwiches till golden brown on each side and the cheese has melted (cowl the pan with a lid if you wish to pace up the melting of the cheese).
6. As soon as the tomatoes are roasted, add all of the greens and juices from the pan to a blender. Add the cashews (drained if you happen to needed to soak or boil them). Mix till you’ve gotten a creamy soup.
7. Style and modify the seasoning by including extra salt and pepper if wanted and serve sizzling, subsequent to your grilled cheese sandwiches. Take pleasure in!
You may also like…
Our Program and Programs
Do not miss our weekly goodies!
Our greatest FREE content material straight to your inbox