Candy Paratha is entire wheat flat bread. This Paratha is crammed with a scrumptious mixture of nuts, cinnamon and sugar. It makes an incredible and straightforward breakfast or a snack with cup of tea or espresso!
Recipe will make 4 Paratha.
- 1 cup entire wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Approx. 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1/3 cup almonds coarsely grind
- 1/3 cup walnuts coarsely grind
- 2 tablespoon coconut powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup entire wheat flour for rolling the Paratha
- Approx. 1-1/2 tablespoons oil for cooking the Paratha
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt, and oil. Add about 1/3 cup of water to make dough add remaining water as wanted to make easy and pliable dough. Knead the dough on a frivolously greased floor. Cowl the dough and maintain apart for not less than quarter-hour.
- For the filling combine the almonds, walnuts coconut, cinnamon, and sugar, put aside.
- Knead the dough once more and divide into 4 equal elements.
- Roll the dough into 3 inch diameter circles. Place about 3 tablespoons filling combine within the middle. Seal by pulling the perimeters of the rolled dough collectively to make a ball. Proceed to make all 4 balls.
- Allow them to accept 3 to 4 minutes earlier than rolling.
- Warmth the skillet on medium excessive. Be aware: An iron skillet works greatest. To examine if the skillet is scorching sufficient, sprinkle a few drops of water on it. If the water sizzles immediately, the skillet is prepared.
- First frivolously roll the stuffed ball in dry whole-wheat flour.
- Flippantly press the ball on the sealed facet and maintain it on the topside when rolling. Roll the ball gentle handed in to about 7-inch circles. Each time the dough sticks to the rolling pin or rolling floor, frivolously sprinkle dry whole-wheat flour on each side of the semi-rolled Paratha.
- Place the Paratha over the skillet. After a number of seconds you will note the Paratha change shade and puff elsewhere.
- 10. At this level flip the Paratha over. You must see some golden-brown spots on the topside. After a number of seconds, unfold about1 teaspoon of oil on the Paratha. Once more, flip the Paratha and frivolously press the puffed areas with a spatula.
- Flip once more and press with the spatula ensuring the Paratha is golden-brown on each side.
- Candy Paratha may be served scorching or at room temperature. Paratha may be saved at room temperature for about week.
Initially posted 2013-07-07 20:13:51.