Spinach palak ki chaat is a mouthwatering appetizer. Spinach pakoras dipped into tamarind chutney and serve with crispy spinach leaves makes a really subtle h’orderves. Your family and friends will like it.
This recipe will serve 4.
- Approx. 5oz spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons besan, gram flour
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Approx. 1/4 cup of water use as wanted
- Oil to fry
- Clear and pat dry the spinach.
- Maintain about 10 giant spinach leaves apart; chop the remaining spinach very high quality, this shall be about 2 cups of chopped spinach.
- Subsequent make the batter to fry the spinach leaves, combine 2 tablespoons of beasn, 2 tablespoons of corn starch, ¼ teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Add approx. 2 tablespoons of water slowly to make a batter. Word: batter must be skinny in consistency however nonetheless ought to have the ability to cowl the spinach for frying.
- Warmth the oil in a frying pan over medium excessive warmth. Frying pan ought to have approx. 1inch of oil. To examine if the oil is prepared, put one drop of batter within the oil. The batter ought to come up however not change colour instantly.
- Dip the spinach leaves within the batter separately and slowly drop into the frying pan. Fry the spinach till either side are gentle gold. Flip them sometimes. It will take about 2 minutes. Maintain apart.
- In left over batter add chopped spinach, salt, corn starch and besan combine it nicely, this must be the consistency of sentimental dough, add water as wanted.
- Take about 1tablespoon of batter shaping in small balls drop them into the oil. Fry them till they’re golden brown. This could take about 4-5 minutes. Take them out over paper towel.
Dip the small pakoras in tamarind chutney and serve them with the fried spinach leaves.
Take pleasure in!
Initially posted 2012-04-01 22:56:19.