If you happen to’ve been a reader of our weblog or a listener of our podcast you understand how a lot I really like feeding folks. I am all the time on the hunt for excellent vegan recipes for entertaining that I could make forward of time and simply heat up when my friends arrive. It is also a plus in the event that they’re handheld, straightforward to go round at a celebration and if they’ve one thing enjoyable like a dip to go together with them. This vegan and gluten free recipe for smashed potatoes with a creamy inexperienced goddess dressing checks all these containers for me.
I additionally find it irresistible as a recipe to serve to omnivore family and friends as a result of who does not love a great crispy potato?!
Potatoes are heaven, and a smashed potato is the right mixture of a crispy exterior with all that satisfying crunch, and a gentle pillowy inside.
The spice rub for the potatoes additionally provides you a bit of warmth with the chipotle, smokiness with the paprika, and it makes the dip the right cooling issue for simply the correct quantity of warmth.
Though I find it irresistible as a celebration meals or a easy vegan appetizer, each elements are good for batch cooking days as properly, and you may serve them in numerous methods all through the week.
They’re additionally scrumptious as breakfast potatoes for a yummy vegan brunch (which you can too make the evening earlier than and simply re-heat within the morning).
With out additional ado, this is the recipe, printable and video so you may make some at residence.
SMASHED POTATOES WITH A GREEN GODDESS DRESSING FOR DIPPING
Yield: 4-5 servings | Prep time: quarter-hour | Prepare dinner time: 1 hour (principally unattended)
- 2 – 2.2 lbs (1 Kg) small potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus extra for cooking the potatoes)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili flakes (or a bit much less if utilizing chipotle powder)
- Spray oil (or olive oil for brushing)
For the dressing:
- 1 cup contemporary herbs (I take advantage of a mix of parsley, cilantro and chives)
- 1/2 cup uncooked cashews (boiled in water for 12 minutes if you do not have a excessive pace blender)
- 1 teaspoon salt or to style
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water till fork tender. Drain and put aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk collectively the salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and chipotle flakes.
3. Pre-heat the oven at 425ºF (218ºC) and seize a big roasting pan or baking sheet and spray some oil on the floor.
4. Begin smashing your potatoes one by one within the pan with the underside of a water glass or a potato masher, and place them in order that they have a little bit of house round them they usually do not overlap.
5. Add some spray oil (or brush the oil) over the smashed potatoes and sprinkle with a little bit of the spice combine so that each potato has some.
6. Roast within the pre-heated oven for half-hour, add a bit extra spray oil and cook dinner for 25-30 extra minutes or till the potatoes are very crispy (you will want to do that in batches if making so much, and you are able to do this all forward of time after which re-crisp proper earlier than serving).
7. Whilst you’re roasting the potatoes, make the dressing by including all of the elements to a blender and mixing till you’ve got a creamy sauce. Put aside.
8. As soon as the potatoes are crispy you possibly can serve them alongside your sauce for dipping. Take pleasure in!
Directions for re-heating/re-crisping:
Place the already roasted potatoes in a parchment lined baking sheet, add a little bit of spray oil and place in a pre-heated oven with the broiler setting on 425oF (218oC) and broil till re-crisped (about 5-7 minutes).
You may additionally like…
Our Program and Programs
Do not miss our weekly goodies!
Our greatest FREE content material straight to your inbox