You are all the time asking me for straightforward vegan major dishes which are scrumptious and distinctive and this orzo pasta recipe just isn’t solely lovely to serve to visitors nevertheless it makes use of a well-liked pattern involving feta cheese that you may after all make even should you’re vegan.
If you happen to’ve spent any time on social media recently you’ve got most likely seen tray afte rtray of blocks of feta drizzled with olive oil, surrounded by scrumptious veggies like tomatoes and garlic, melted to perfection earlier than tossing with something your coronary heart needs.
I took it upon myself to make an uncommon model of this dish however after all utilizing vegan feta as an alternative.
Does vegan feta soften?
Essentially the most scrumptious vegan feta out there in my view is Violife’s Greek fashion feta referred to as “Identical to Feta”, and certainly it melts completely!
Pop it in a pan and roast it within the oven till melted, as you may see in at this time’s recipe and you will get the creamiest Greek fashion tacky sauce that may coat something you want to pair it with.
The right vegan major course recipe
This orzo is such a tribute to the Mediterranean, not solely due to the scrumptious plant based mostly feta, however as a result of we’re including scrumptious, herbs, olive oil, completely plump figs, kalamata olives, tomatoes, plus just a few ending touches when plating that may elevate it much more.
It is the right mouthfeel and naturally certainly one of its two major characters is the orzo pasta itself.
Orzo is the sort of pasta that appears like vast grains of rice. Though there are other ways of cooking it, in at this time’s recipe we’re cooking it as you’d any sort of pasta, boiling it in ample salted boiling water till it is al dente or to the consistency you want in pasta.
Then we toss in all of the tacky goodness that was effervescent and roasting within the oven, add our crunchy toppings and serve.
With out additional ado, benefit from the video, printable and recipe under!
ROASTED FIG AND VEGAN FETA ORZO PASTA
Yield: 2-3 servings ⎮ Prep time: 15 minutes ⎮ Cook dinner time: 20 minutes
- 1 bundle vegan feta fashion cheese (I really like Violife’s “Identical to Feta” cheese)
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 6 figs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- A couple of sprigs of rosemary
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A couple of splashes of balsamic vinegar
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- 1 cup dried orzo, cooked in line with bundle instructions
- Some recent herbs and toasted pistachios
1. Pre-heat the oven at 435ºF (225ºC).
2. In a big roasting pan add the block of feta fashion cheese, the cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, figs, oregano, rosemary and drizzle every little thing with olive oil, just a few splashes of balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of maple syrup and season with salt and pepper. Roast within the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Within the meantime, cook dinner the orzo in a pot of salted boiling water in line with bundle instructions till it’s cooked to the feel that you simply like, then drain and put aside.
4. As soon as the cheese, veggies and figs are out of the oven, combine in your drained orzo to mix with the cheese and all of the elements.
5. Serve and high with chopped toasted pistachios and a few recent herbs and luxuriate in!
You may also like…
Our Program and Programs
Do not miss our weekly goodies!
Our greatest FREE content material straight to your inbox