Peach phirni is a scrumptious creamy eggless pudding. Historically phirni is made with rice, milk and sugar. Including peach provides an exquisite creamy clean texture.
Recipe for 8
- 1/4 cup rice
- 3 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 15 oz can of unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
- For garnishing:
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Few slices of canned peaches
- Few mint leaves
- Wash rice and soaks it for fifteen minutes or extra.
- Drain the water and mix rice to a superb texture, including simply sufficient milk as wanted to mix. Maintain apart.
- Drain the syrup from can peaches. Maintain 4 slices of peach apart for garnish.
- Puree the remaining peaches with corn starch. Maintain apart.
- Boil the milk on medium excessive warmth and let it simmer till milk reduces to about 2 cups. After milk involves boil it ought to take about 8 minutes.
- Take about 1/4 cup of sizzling milk and blend it with rice paste.
- Add rice answer to the boiling milk slowly and preserve stirring repeatedly, ensuring rice doesn’t turn out to be in lumps and milk doesn’t burn on the underside of the pen.
- Cook dinner till milk has diminished to about half in quantity and rice is cooked.
- Subsequent add the sugar and cardamom powder, prepare dinner for about 4 minutes on low medium warmth. Flip off the warmth.
- simply after turning off the warmth add the peach puree gently with cooked rice.
- Shift the phirni to the serving bowl and garnish with almond, and peach slices.
- Let it sit in fridge for few hours. Serve chill
There are such a lot of scrumptious variations to this dish! As a substitute of peaches strive making this dish utilizing contemporary mango, guava, ardour fruit puree.
Initially posted 2010-08-09 02:14:45.