Necessity is the mom of invention, or so the proverb goes. When we now have mouths to feed shortly, we frequently flip to pantry staples like canned or pouched tuna! It’s all the time on standby to avoid wasting dinnertime and it served for our newest recipe inspiration: Mediterranean Tuna Pizza!
No shock that we’re all the time pondering of recent seafood recipes, and typically the most effective concepts come if you get artistic about pulling collectively a meal when the fridge is sparse. Which is how our latest creation was born—a wonderful Mediterranean-style flatbread that we predict you’ll love! We’ll present you how one can beat a case of the hungries with our newest Seafood Supper Membership recipe—a mouthwatering Mediterranean Tuna Pizza. It is a tasty pie sporting genuine Italian taste that comes collectively in minutes because of ready-made crust.
You by no means knew you wanted this recipe in your repertoire, however oh, you do. It leans closely on pantry staples corresponding to canned tuna and Kalamata olives and leaves loads of room for improvisation, so you need to use no matter veggies and cheeses you may have readily available. That mentioned, it will be robust to beat this specific taste combo of arugula, purple onion, mozzarella and Parmesan. It units off the tuna completely, in our humble Seafoodie opinion, particularly if you sprinkle on some chopped basil and contemporary lemon zest for a little bit additional zing.
In case you’ve by no means had seafood as a pizza topping, it’s time to present it a strive! Tuna is wealthy in protein, low in fats and energy and massive on comfort, with out all of the saturated fats and sodium of pepperoni or sausage. It additionally is an efficient supply of vitamin B-12 and omega-3 fatty acids, which assist enhance cardiovascular well being and cut back irritation.
And should you’re pondering selfmade pizza is a heavy elevate, suppose once more! Beginning with a premade flatbread or pizza crust is an actual time-saver. This picture-perfect pie is prepared in simply 20 minutes, so it simply serves as a lightweight lunch, after-school snack or perhaps a get together app (simply slice it into squares). Observe our step-by-step directions, and also you’ll be having fun with this tuna pizza very quickly!
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon corn meal
- 12-inch flatbread or pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 (5-ounce) cans tuna packed in olive oil (gentle or albacore), flaked
- ¼ small purple onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon crushed purple pepper
- ½ cup torn basil leaves, non-obligatory
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest, non-obligatory
- Preheat oven to 425 levels F. Put together spherical pizza pan by brushing with 1 teaspoon of olive oil on pan, then sprinkle cornmeal over olive oil.
- Place flatbread or ready pizza crust on pan. Brush on remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil on prime of crust, then sprinkle on Italian herbs. High with flaked tuna, purple onion, olives and arugula. Unfold mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses evenly over toppings; sprinkle on crushed purple pepper. Garnish with basil and/or lemon zest, if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or till crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Really helpful gear; Pizza pan, spatula
- Prep Time: 5
- Prepare dinner Time: 15
- Class: Tuna