Lauki Kheer is a wholesome and really refreshing dessert made with bottle gourd.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes.
Serving for six.
- 1 medium measurement bottle gourd (loki, doodhi, ghyia)
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 5 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely floor cardamom powder
- Evenly peel the bottle gourd leaving shades of sunshine inexperienced.
- Lower it half size clever and take out the seeds from heart of the bottle gourd.
- Shred the bottle gourd and squeeze-out the water. After squeezing the water, shredded bottle gourd must be about 3 cups.
- Warmth butter in frying pan on medium excessive warmth because it melts add the shredded bottle gourd and stir-fry for about 4 minutes.
- Flip off the warmth and switch the stir-fry bottle gourd in to the bowl.
- Boil the milk in large frying pan on medium excessive warmth. Prepare dinner till the milk is lowered to about 4 cups. Stir usually to make sure the milk doesn’t burn within the backside of the pan.
- Add the stir-fry bottle gourd to the milk and cook dinner for an additional 10 minutes till the milk is creamy once more ensure you stir the kheer usually to make sure the milk doesn’t burn within the backside of the pan.
- Subsequent cut back the warmth to medium and add the sugar and cardamom powder. Prepare dinner for an additional about 2 minutes and switch off the warmth.
- kheer is prepared this may be served heat, at room temperature or chilly.
Lauki Kheer tastes the most effective when it’s served very chilled simply when it begin forming ice crystal.
Initially posted 2010-03-29 03:46:06.