Whats up, Seafoodies!
Temps are warming up, and you recognize what which means: Salad days are upon us! After seeing some humdrum Caesar salad kits on the market, we determined to create a sensational seafood Caesar recipe that’s simply as contemporary and flavorful as the normal model, however higher for you. The scrumptious result’s our very personal Kale Caesar! This lightened-up twist on the long-lasting dish options your selection of sautéed shrimp or grilled salmon, on a mattress of hardy kale with a lip-smacking yogurt-anchovy dressing. All of it comes collectively in 20 minutes!
We begin by swirling some Greek yogurt, grated cheese, anchovies and seasonings right into a tangy dressing—in case you have an immersion blender, it will get the job accomplished rapidly. Then, we come to a fork within the highway: sautéed shrimp or grilled salmon? Belief us, you’ll be able to’t go incorrect with both selection! They’re each great, and both one will be ready rapidly, with just a bit olive oil, salt and pepper.
Now, on to the muse. For a seafood Caesar, we’d like a wilt-free, however not overly fibrous, inexperienced that may do a stand-up job in any creamy scenario. Lacinato (or “dinosaur”) kale is far much less robust than its curly-haired cousin, so it’s superb for salads. Simply take away the stems, slice the leaves into skinny strips, and therapeutic massage it with olive oil. In a couple of minutes, you’ll have tender salad greens with all the advantages of uncooked kale—together with antioxidants, fiber, calcium and nutritional vitamins A, C and Okay.
All that’s left to do is toss all the things all collectively. The bumpy texture of Lacinato kale makes it the right provider for creamy dressing, and we add shavings of Parmesan (or different aged exhausting cheese) and cheese crisps for loads of distinction. Crown your Caesar with some freshly sautéed or grilled seafood, and you should have a wonderful salad worthy of an emperor, wealthy in protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Lengthy reside the seafood Caesar!
Seafood salads are a wholesome—and supremely satisfying—strategy to maintain your cool this spring and summer season. If you happen to take pleasure in this kale Caesar, attempt our Seared Scallop Salad with Blueberries.
Kale Caesar with Shrimp or Salmon
Prep time: 10 minutes
Prepare dinner time: 10 minutes
Complete time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Romano, Parmesan or Pecorino-Romano cheese, freshly grated or shredded
- 4 anchovies, in oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- Lemon, halved
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined; or 1 pound salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 cups or lacinato kale, stalks eliminated and sliced into skinny ribbons
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Romano, Parmesan or Pecorino-Romano, grated into skinny slices with peeler
- ½ cup Parmesan whisps or crisps, damaged or chopped
- To make dressing, add all substances besides lemon to a meals processor or immersion blender bowl. Squeeze juice from half of lemon into the processor bowl. Utilizing meals processor or immersion blender, mix till all substances are well-combined. If dressing is just too thick, squeeze juice from the opposite lemon into the bowl; whisk or mix till remaining juice is blended in. Set bowl apart.
- In case you are utilizing shrimp, warmth 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add shrimp, sprinkle on a touch of salt and pepper and prepare dinner 4 to five minutes, flipping midway via, or till shrimp is opaque and cooked via. Take away from warmth and maintain heat whereas making salad. In case you are utilizing salmon, preheat grill to medium warmth. Place salmon on a plate, drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and a touch of salt and pepper on salmon. Place salmon on grill and prepare dinner till salmon is cooked via, or flakes simply, about 10 to 12 minutes, flipping fillets midway via.
- Whereas shrimp or salmon is cooking, mix kale and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a big salad bowl; therapeutic massage kale with arms for 1 minute. Let sit for one more 5 minutes. Then, sprinkle on salt, black pepper and dressing to salad; tossing to coat kale. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and crisps. High with sautéed shrimp or grilled salmon.
Really useful gear
Mixing bowl, immersion blender or whisk, giant salad bowl, skillet or grill, spatula, plate